Welcome to the latest LACC Newsletter
PREDATOR PAIRS OPEN SET FOR NOVEMBER 22nd
Our highly popular Open competition THE LACC PREDATOR PAIRS will this year be contested on November 22nd. Similar to last year the event will be run on a friendly pairs format, with the longest combined length of predator fish deciding the winners. We are expecting the event to sell out with just 30 team places available, so if you fancy taking part, sign up as early as possible. There will be a fantastic pair of trophies for the winners and full details are available on the website HERE
PAIRS LEAGUE GOING STRONG
Round 4 of our pairs league was held on the Stockton end of the Grand Union last Saturday and we had a great turn out of 9 teams competing for the £60 tackle vouchers supplied by Fosters of Birmingham and even more importantly precious points towards the pairs league title. A Full report is available on the website HERE but below is the results from the match
PAIRS LEAGUE ROUND 4 RESULTS
1) Worcester Wanglers – John Cheyne, Steve Wilson – 23 fish, 2.95m + 75cm bonus = 370cm
2) The Adhocs – Mike McGuire and Richard Haines – 9 fish, 1.78m + 50cm bonus = 228cm
3) Team No Hope – Adrian Askew and Carl Arcus -9 fish, 1.69m +50cm bonus = 219cm
4) Pips Angle – Phillip Medhurst – 13 fish, 1.66m + 25cm bonus = 191cm
5) Forever Hopefuls – Rob Busby and Joel Kempson – 5 fish, 1.14m + 50cm bonus = 164cm
6) Team with No Name 1 – Vidar Thomassen and Alan Brown – 7 fish 0.91m + 25cm bonus = 116cm
7) Zander Hookers – Derek Holmes & John Rimell – 4 fish, 0.62m + 50cm bonus = 112cm
8) Team River Guide – Gary & Alex Plamer – 2 fish, 0.36m + 50cm bonus = 86cm
9) Team GF – Joanna Davies & Cristian Laza – Disqualified for late return
HELP WANTED TO RUN REGULAR CLUB FISH-INS
To make sure all new members get a chance to meet other club members and to provide a fun, friendly, non-competitive way for everyone to get together and fish, we would like to start running a friendly fish in on the first Sunday of every month. Unfortunately the current Committee are very busy running our exiting events/website/facebook page/accounts etc so we are looking for a volunteer/volunteers who would be willing to commit to fishing a few Sundays a year and posting the details of where the meet up is on facebook/club website, and welcome people when they arrive. Please contact John Cheyne on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved.
HELP WANTED TO RUN FAMILY FISHING EVENT
We would like to run a family fishing event where Lads/Dads or indeed Mums and daughters are invited to try out lure fishing for the first time. We have a level 2 coach in Dave Pugh who is willing to do some coaching and we would like club members to volunteer to come along on the day and act as guides for the new anglers. As children will all be accompanied by their parents during the event there will be no need for DBS checks or any issues with child protection. We just want to experienced members to act as mentors and help when there are tangles or to net and unhook fish. We are also looking for someone to help organize the whole event and publicize it to the local community in Warwick/Leamington/Coventry. If you are able to help with any of this please get in touch with John Cheyne via email@example.com This is an opportunity to help inspire a new generation of anglers, so please volunteer if you can, we are only talking about one or maybe two weekend days in the year.
Membership Reaches 140 !
Our membership numbers continue to grow and we have now reached 140 members, 113 of which are full paying members.