Last year saw some changes to the layout and rules of this very successful lure fishing competition. As these were met with universal approval by the competitors it has been decided to continue these changes into this year.
The best 4 zander and best 4 perch from each team will count towards the teams overall total.
No other species will count as by and large pike are so few and far between on our waters that they are caught by accident not by design.
This is an open match. You do not need to be a member of the LACC to enter.
There will be trophies for the teams who come first, second and third as well as special trophies for best perch and best zander. The winners will also receive £100 in cash each. 2nd will receive £50 in cash each and 3rd will receive £25 in cash each.
All teams are welcome to fish on the LACC canal stretch to practice before the match as long as they buy day tickets as required if they are not LACC members. Day tickets can be purchased online from http://lureanglerscanalclub.co.uk/public/pay/shop/ We would then like to request that teams don't fish the canal between the start of our stretch at bridge 51 (just below Hatton locks) through to Radford Bottom Lock (just outside Leamington Spa) between November 9th and November 18th. This will give the main competition area a rest on the lead up to the big day. We will also be asking our members to rest this area during this period.
Exact details of the location of the car park we will be using for the event will be emailed to all teams one week before the event. However if you are looking to book accommodation or trying to judge how long the drive will take, the location will be in Central Warwick.
Timings according to the organiser’s watch.
8.00am - Bacon Rolls & Coffee served.
We will be charging £2.00 for a roll and £1 for coffee or tea so please bring change.
8.30am - 8.45am - Competitors registration and starting order draw
Teams must attend registration in pairs. All teams must present a valid rod licence for both team members at registration. Failure to do this will result in your team being unable to fish in the event. Teams will be issued with a competitors ID card, catch return form and fish measure (All of which must be returned at the end of the competition). You will also pull your draw number. To avoid a mass scramble at the beginning of the match, we will have a staggered start with teams setting off at 10 second intervals. Please make sure you arrive at registration by 8.30am at the latest.
8.45am - 8.55am - Competitors briefing & Photo
This will be a quick round up of the rules to ensure everyone is aware of how the event works. Plus a photo of all competitors.
9.00am - Competition start
Competitors will be let loose at 10 second intervals - no running !
3.00pm - All Competitors back at HQ and hand in catch return. If you hand in your report later than 3.05 your catch length will be reduced by 10% every 2 minutes later or part thereof.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WRITE YOUR TEAM NAME ON YOUR CATCH REPORT!
All teams must hand back their Team ID badge, Fish measure and completed catch return (all catch returns MUST be totalled-up by a member of the team before it is handed in - don't worry all winners will be checked, but this is essential so that we can speed up the process of finding out who the winner is)
The teams who hand in the catch returns with the three longest totals of 4 zander and 4 perch, will be asked to submit their camera/camera phone so that their fish sizes can be verified. As will the competitors who have caught the largest fish.
3.30pm ish - Prize Giving
Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. There will also be special awards for the biggest fish.
3.45pm ish - Social in the Pub
• The match is lure fishing only
• No groundbait or pre-baiting of any type is allowed
• All competitors must be in possesion of a valid rod licence
• Team mates may not fish more than 30 yards apart
• Competitors may carry a maximum of two rods each but may only use one at a time.(4 rods per team)
• Only one lure should be used at any time by each competitor. No multi lure rigs allowed.
• This is a roving match and competitors can fish anywhere between Cape of Good Hope Lock and Radford Bottom Lock
• No means of transport may be used during the match including bicycles, Segways or Shetland Ponies.
• This is a friendly match, please respect your opponents and don't fish within 10 yards of another team unless you have been invited to do so.
• All competitors must carry a landing net and pliers/forceps.
• All teams must have a fully charged digital camera/camera phone with playback/picture viewing feature. (It is your responsibility to ensure it doesn't run out of charge and is viewable at the end of the match).
• All teams must have at least one unhooking mat.
• All fish caught must be unhooked on an unhooking matt and then photographed using the fish measure with your competitors card in the picture. Team mates must stop fishing when their partner has caught a fish and help with the photography process to speed things up and avoid fish being out of the water for too long.
• All competitors MUST be civil and friendly to ALL other canal users during the event.
• No fishing from lock platforms. Fishing is only permitted from the towpath.
• All teams must return their fish measure, catch return and competitors ID at the end of the event.
• The winners will be the team that catch the longest combined length of their longest 4 zander and 4 perch.
• The Competition Organisers judgement is final, in the event of a tie the winning team will be decided by adding the combined length of their longest zander and longest perch.